" Easily Learn to Meditate Now" or "Mind Massage" by Stefan Cockroft (English review)

Easily Learn to Meditate Now

„Mind Massage“ (new title of Easily learn to Meditate Now), written by Stefan Cockroft is an easy way method to meditate.

At first, Stefan Cockroft arranges the meditation methods in four parts: An introduction, the basic information, tips for applying the method and a summary at last.

Which makes the book special is that it can be read in three different ways: first, the standard way, which goes deeper, but is also more abstract, then the easier shortcut and at last the wormhole route.

It is especially designed for beginners to have an easy start into meditating.

The first method is „The Mat introductory meditation activity“ which I found the most helpful because you imagine the three letters M-A-T and how each letter slowly dissolve and in the end you have the required and wished quietness and silence you need.

This approach is also very suitable for busy people because you only need 10-15 minutes.

After the meditation, it makes sense to reflect how you feel and if you feel more peaceful and calm.

Another suggestion is to listen to background music and to use the progressive muscle relaxation method according to Jacobsen (you actively imagine how you relax each muscle beginning with the hands and ending with the feet) so you get into a more composed state. Slowly breathing in and out four or five times also help a lot in this process.

What I really liked about the book is the remark that it is important to stay positive and kind to you. You often tense up a lot if you have certain expectations how a meditation needs to be. And I also liked that the author listed the benefits of meditation, e.g., increased immune function, lowered anxiety, reduced stress, boosted emotional intelligence, increase in grey matter in the brain and the brain volume, improved attention, memory and creativity etc.

What I didn’t really like was the personal statement, you should write down (My experience is that when I’m in a bad mood, I don’t like to read a whole passage of what I wrote down about the benefits I get when I meditate. I rather like the idea that you repeat certain key words like increased immune function, improved memory, reduced stress and think about situations when the meditations helped you.).

Another point is that even when I remember the „Don’t think of any thoughts“ sentence, it would still seem like a command to me. I sensed a lot of times when I tried to stop my thoughts, I had more and more like a torrential river.

So for me it is more simple to imagine how all my thoughts (especially negative, hurtful ones) are going out of my body and how the „thought river“ is going to be smaller and smaller. So I let my thoughts out instead of letting them burst and in this way, I’m getting more relaxed and at one time, I have no more thoughts and I’m calm and feel serenity.

I also guess that behind the question: „Why don’t I have a special feeling while meditating?“ and the decision to stop meditating is the feeling that you are not special enough to care for yourself… And instead of reading the said paragraph, I would try to contemplate for myself that I’m special and deserve to treat myself well by repeating „I’m special. I deserve to treat myself in a special way.“

The last negative aspect I have about the book is that it was kind of repetitive in the end. Instead of summarizing the content the author wrote in the previous chapters, he more or less only copied it.
But all in all, I really loved the „MAT-Method“ so much and how positive he introduced the reader to each topic that I want to give the book: 4-Stars!!!

Kind regards,
Butterfly Mentions

I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery. I voluntarily review this book. This is my honest review.

Popular posts from this blog

Stolz und Vorurteil von Jane Austen (German edition)

Äsops Fabeln by Äsop (German edition)

"The Pursual" is the first #book of the Nome Chronicles, written by F. F John. It is about #intrigues, #adventure, #illusions and betrayal. The novel plays in the 25th century. The Plot: Neith's world consists of 20 different nomes in which the #society is separated. This makes it difficult for her to pursue her real #love: Invier because her family is 2nd in rank and Invier’s family is on the last spot. She knows that her father will never allow a marriage between her and Invier because Invier's rank in society is so low and she hast o marry into a profitable alliance. That's why Neith talked her father into organizing a pursual which means that candidates will compete which each other in different #challenges in order to win the hand of her. The last pursual happened when Invier's late grandmother was born so it's a historical event. However Invier doesn't want to take part in the ceremony, but wants to envelope with Neith, even if they live in poverty. Despite that Neith is best friend with Bel, she can't explain her why she has to make sure that Invier has to participate even if he doesn't know it yet... And Bel also seems to have more and more secrets. Will Neith lies destroy the relationship? What are Bel's #secrets? And when more and more participants die and the resistors of the system are attacking normal citizens and nome buildings, who is responsible for this all? Great #dystopia novel with many #surprises and interesting characters. 5-Stars! #bookstagram #theselection #bachelorette #great #fantastic #recommended